Monday, October 15, 2012

A Child's Joy

Last night I was sooooo inspired and filled with joy!  I didn't go listen to a guru speak or see some  natural wonder.  I spent time with good friends and their little girl.  I received the joy that comes from  a child's happy spirit.  She stole my heart again.  I hadn't seen her since she was a baby and now she is running around, talking, dancing, and being adorable.  The moment that got me on so many levels was when she was sitting on her dad's knee while he was playing guitar.  She wrapped her tiny fingers as much around the neck as she could and held them on the strings while he strummed the guitar.  She looked so proud helping her dad play a song.  It was the damn cutest thing I think I have ever seen. 
What I love about children is that they find joy in the simple things.  "They don't know any better" as some might put it.  They know better than most adults in my opinion.  Life is a wonder.  Think about how kids rattle their cribs and find any possible way they can to get out of bed in the morning.  Most adults moan and hit snooze because they want to stay in bed in the morning. Imagine what it is like to see things through a child's eyes.  Let's give it a go!  There is a world out there waiting for us to play and be curious.

No comments:

Post a Comment