Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Letting Go

Each day offers an opportunity to begin anew.  In the last several weeks more than any time I can recall I have felt like things are/were changing for me.  The last three years have been an overwhelming whirlwind of change but I was not feeling it in my whole self as I have been lately.  I am in touch and aware of myself and those around me more than ever.  I feel like I have clarity and affirmation that I am right where I need to be with the people I need to be with.  The whirlwind is tame now.  Monkey mind is becoming still. 
Today I left one of Paul's babies (a guitar) at the UPS store to be packed and shipped off to the stranger that bought it from me.  This was a weird.  I kinda felt like I was saying goodbye to him all over again.  I still have lots of his babies and some will grow old with me.  Today feels like the real start of my chapter in this book of life.  I can't really explain how that feels but I can tell you that after over 3 years and through much prayer and guidance it feels good to let go. 
 We hear it all of the time "let it go" and it is a part of the spiritual teachings that I follow but  it has only been recently, as in this year, that I have really been able to put it into practice.  Ironically the last words Paul said to me were "Keri you have to let me go".  He was my everything so being able to do that seemed impossible. There were multiple layers of meaning based on the circumstances in which he said that to me but I now understand that my life with him was a lesson and a catalyst into my life now.   As I release him he is releasing me and I am ready.  Ready to embrace what lies ahead without looking back except to laugh at memories. 
So today I let go and it feels great.  Change is in the air and my life is becoming my own in such a beautiful and comforting way.
I encourage you to practice taking off whatever it is that is getting in your way.  Give it up and let freedom fill you.  You just might be pleasantly surprised.

No comments:

Post a Comment