Saturday, February 5, 2011

2 great dipping sauces

I would love to call these recipes my own but I cannot. The Mock Peanut Sauce is from Jennifer Cornbleet's Raw Food Made Easy and the Raw Mango sauce is from Ann Gentry's Real Food Daily Cookbook. You do need a food processor to make these. I garlic serve these with spring rolls or raw lettuce wraps.

Mock Peanut Sauce
1/2 cup almond butter
1/4 cup water
1 tbs. fresh lemmon juice
2 tbs. Pure maple syrup
2 tbs. tamari or shoyu (I like shoyu)
1/2 tsp. garlic ( I use 1 clove)
1/4 tsp. ginger
dash of sea salt & cayenne pepper
Put it all in the food processor and pulse until smooth. Serve. It is so yummy!

Mango Sauce
This has a bite to it and it is easy to over do the ginger so be mindful of that. Also, if you make your own lemon & orange juices I suggest peeling them. I juiced them with the rind and it made the sauce a bit strong especially with the ginger.

6 pitted dates
3/4 cup coarsely chopped, pitted mango - about 1 mango (I used frozen )
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup lemon juice (about 2 lemons)
1/4 cup orange juice (about 1 orange)
1 1/2 tbs. shoyu
1 clove garlic
1/2 tsp. minced ginger
1/4 tsp. minced jalepeno ( I used more..I did not measure )
Put it all in the food processor and pulse until smooth. Serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment