Thursday, January 27, 2011

Keri's Vegan Cornbread

I have to be honest and say that I adapted this recipe from Ann Gentry's Real Food Daily cookbook. I gave it a few tweaks of my own and the result is really good. I took this to a vegan potluck and it all disappeared and my non vegan friends liked it too. If you are in LA do yourself a favor and eat at Real Food Daily. It is YUMMY!

2 cups yellow medium coarse cornmeal (I like Bob's Red Mill)
1 cup Spelt flour
1 cup Whole Wheat pastry flour
1 tsp. sea salt
1/3 cup Pure Maple Syrup
2 cups Rice Milk
2 tbs. baking powder
1/3 cup Coconut Oil plus 2 tbs.

Preheat oven to 400. Oil a baking dish with coconut Oil. Since it is a solid you can just scoop out a chunk and rub it on the dish. It is so easy. Mix the dry ingredients together then add the wet ingredients.Mix well and pour in the baking dish. Cook for about 25 minutes. Use a toothpick or butter knife to poke in the middle and if it comes out clean it is done. Let it cool for about 15 minutes or so and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment