Thursday, August 11, 2011

Keri's Rockin' Tomato Sandwich

The tomatoes are here and fabulous in the Pacific Northwest. One of the things I love about summer is the arrival of farm fresh tomatoes. The yellow ones are my favorite and they are a bit less acidic. There are so many things that can be done with them but my favorite is a simple tomatoes sandwich. Now I have to say the best I have had is at The Blue Bird Bistro in Kansas City Missouri. As I remember they use a veganaise, feta cheese and fresh baked bread to compliment the tomato. I have to admit that I would go vegetarian for an hour just to eat the Killer Tomato there again. I do, however, make my own rockin' tomato sandwich.

I yellow or any kind tomato, sliced
4-5 spinach leaves
1 avocado, cut in half
sprouted grain bun or bread
veganaise to taste (I like Follow your Heart brand)
Celtic Sea Salt and Black pepper to taste

Toast your bread, slice your tomato, cut your avocado and scoop out 1 half. Now assemble all the listed ingredients and enjoy. Don't skip sprinkling the salt and pepper on the tomato slices. A simple and a tasty reminder of the abundance of the summer season.

No comments:

Post a Comment