Tuesday, December 7, 2010

I usually make extra brown rice to use in another meal when I make it. Lately I have not been getting it used up before I have to throw it out. I do not like to waste food. This morning I was inspired by a story my mother told me and decided to try the leftover brown rice like a cereal. It was really good. I just warmed up a bowl of it and added rice milk, pure maple syrup, cinnamon and almond slivers to taste. It hit the spot just like oatmeal. I think this would be a great way for parents to save some time in the morning. Make some brown rice for dinner and make enough for cereal the next morning. Just store it in the fridge. If we want to do this balanced and nutritionally proper a protein should probably be eaten along with this meal of carbs. So, don't leave out the almonds they are a protein source and offer numerous other nutritional benefits.
Walnuts would be great too.

No comments:

Post a Comment