Thursday, December 10, 2009

Easy dinner of Zucchini Hummus

Zucchini Hummus recipe from Raw Food Made Easy for 1 or 2 people by Jennifer Cornbleet

1 zucchini chopped & peeled (I do not peel it)
2 tbs. raw tahini
2tbs. fresh lemon juice
1/2 tsp. crushed garlic (1 clove) (I use 2)
1/4 tsp. ground cumin
1/4 tsp. paprika
1/4 tsp. salt

I add a dash of chili pepper flakes and extra lemon juice

Put it all in a food processor with the S blade and process until smooth. The mini food processors work well for this but if you are needed to make enough for more than 2 people don't use a mini and remember that this recipe makes 2 servings. The mini food processors or mini choppers as my sisters call them can be found at Target for around $10.
I serve this with Whole Wheat Pita bread for dipping, a butter lettuce leaf, tomato slices, black olives and 1/2 of an avocado split between my husband and myself. It is a filling yummy lunch or dinner. Now Garbanzo bean hummus instead with whole wheat pita would make a complete protein but also a cooked meal. If you want a completely raw meal from this omit the pita and use the lettuce leaf or a cabbage leaf to dip & eat this hummus. Yum!

1 comment:

  1. I made this hummus the other day and I really like it-so does my 14 month old! This is one of the more tasty recipes from the cookbook, in my opinion. Some of her recipes are quite bland.

    ReplyDelete