Monday, December 21, 2009

vegan sweet potato salad

I made up a yummy recipe. It was influenced by a wonderful sweet potato salad I had last week while eating out at our favorite organic vegan/vegetarian friendly restaurant. It was Sweet potato salad and I just couldn't get enough of it so I tried to replicate it.

2 cups small purple/blue potatoes boiled and sliced
2 medium sweet potatoes boiled and sliced
2 stalks celery chopped
3 tbs. veganaise
1 tbs. Dijon mustard
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
walnuts to taste..I used about 1/3 cup

Boil all of the potatoes for about 30 minutes or until you can poke them easily with a knife. The tiny purple/blue potatoes boil faster. No need to peel the purple/blue potatoes but do peel the sweet potatoes and slice them all. Chop the celery and combine it with the potatoes in a bowl. Add the veganaise, mustard & walnuts and mix thoroughly. Sprinkle in the nutmeg and continue mixing. Enjoy. I love veganaise and walnuts and think I probably could have used a bit more of both but it like the nutmeg is to your personal preference. This is a healthy tasty alternative to the regular potato salad offerings and it has a great flavor. Good for the holidays. It is pretty too!

No comments:

Post a Comment