Friday, January 15, 2010

Buddha Bowls

Last night I made a super dinner. It was easy & fast and healthy. I would love to take credit for the idea but I cannot. It came from the great Kris Carr author of Crazy Sexy Cancer Tips and more. It is called a Buddha Bowl. The idea behind a Buddha Bowl is to mix an alkalizing grain with various veggies that you have around the kitchen that need eaten. The grains can be quinoa or millet. I used two types of rice...small grain brown & brown basmatti. I used these because my husband told me he was sick of quinoa and brown rice benefits the pancreas which is the main organ we are trying to heal. I do not know if these rices are alkaline or acid to the body. Our veggies were alkaline though. I had kale, arugula, yellow onion, garlic, broccoli & avocado. We topped it of with about 5 sprays each of Bragg's Amino Acids and a little fresh lemon juice. It was extremely filling and yummy. The other thing I like about it is that it is part raw/part cooked. My husband has been wanted a little more cooked rather than raw so this was a nice compromise and fit the healthy eating program we are on. It is a good transition meal to raw. It is also a good way to get the family to eat those important veggies, especially the leafy greens. Eating healthy is not hard to do. Simplicity is what it is all about. Enjoy!

To find out more about the Alkaline/Acid balance in the body just google it. Food charts will pop up. Our Naturopath gave us one. There needs to be a proper ratio of alkaline to acid but to heal from disease or prevent one you need to be more alkaline. The foods & drinks we eat influence this delicate balance that is so important. A good resource to learn about this and see a food chart is thewolfeclinic.com

No comments:

Post a Comment