Saturday, January 16, 2010

Walnuts

It seems that I have developed an addiction to walnuts. I crave them. I eat them every morning in my breakfast and they are my snack food. I wanted to find out why so I looked up the nutrition chart on them and found out that they are an excellent source of omega3 which I kinda already knew. Omega3's are essential for proper brain health among other things. I figure that since I had a serious brain illness I need the omega3's to heal & rebuild. They are also very heart healthy. I found the interesting info. on World's Healthiest Foods website. I do take some exception with the info. suggesting peanut butter or peanuts because peanuts are one of the heaviest sprayed crops and they contain aflatoxin which is a carcinogen. From my reading I also understand peanut butter is made from the scrappy peanuts not suitable to be sold as is. Other nut or seed butters I support and do eat like almond butter or sunflower seed butter. Anyway check out the article on walnuts and the health benefits they offer at whfoods.org.

No comments:

Post a Comment