Sunday, August 8, 2010

Music shops

Today in Lawrence I drove past Mass Street Music and looked at the building with some sadness. Nobody was in the car telling me to turn in..."I'll only be 10 minutes...I promise". I am not sure how I can walk past any music store anywhere without going in out of habit with Paul. It makes me sad to think about it. It did not matter if we were in LA or a small midwestern town we had to stop in to the music shop and see what they had. Luckily for me there is always a stool in the guitar area for people to sit on while trying out a guitar. Those stools were my posts on these visits. Ten minutes usually meant one hour at least. I knew that. At least I had been educated on what everything was and the pros & cons of one brand over another so if I had to I could intelligently talk to someone about such things. I would even spot stuff sometimes before Paul that I knew he would like and point it out to him. He always liked that.
Now what do I do with that information? These are the times that make me appriciate just how intertwined we were/are.

No comments:

Post a Comment