Saturday, October 10, 2009

minddump

"IT'S KIND OF FUN TO DO THE IMPOSSIBLE." WALT DISNEY

“Take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented.” – Elie Wiesel

I like these quotes alot. The second one I took off a blog about simple things we can do to aid animals and help end animal cruelty. That is a BIG deal to me. But I like it because it speaks to so many other things including how we treat ourselves. Sometimes we have to stand up to ourself and retrain learned thoughts...make change happen. We can be our own worst tormentor. I have changed a lot of the ways I think and do things. One idea that has stuck with me is that when we protest we are bringing energy to the thing we are protesting which is the opposite of what we are trying to do. I never have thought of it that way but it makes sense. An example for me is this. I believe in PETA and the things they stand for and the work they do but they have a bad rep. amongst people who don't really understand the organization as being a bunch of extremist animal lovers who cause problems. That rep. doesn't get the point across. While I still support them and get why they do some of the things that they do I also get that negative energy has been brought about. So while I have always been ready & willing to stand in a protest line if I believe in the cause I now think about what the outcome of the action might be first. Give me a peace protest and I am there. I want energy focused on that topic. I am definately not saying we shouldn't speak out..not at all but we need to be aware of the energy that our actions conjure. I do believe silence gets us further in the hole. We all have opinions, beliefs, etc. and we have the right to express them.

No comments:

Post a Comment