Friday, October 30, 2009

Tofu scramble

Sorry I haven't posted for awhile. We have had lots going on. I have been playing around with tofu recently. I like it but my husband isn't a huge fan. He will eat it though. Here are 2 tofu scrambles that I have made recently and was happy with. They are pretty simple which is why I like them. It is true that not everyone can have soy products so please be knowledgeable of whether or not you are one of those people.

1 package firm herb infused tofu....I like Central Soy brand b/c it is local to Kansas and nonGMO... cut into chunks
2 medium sized chard leaves...torn into pieces
6 cloves garlic..chopped
1/4 cup yellow onion... chopped
1 carrot...chopped
4-5 cherry or grape tomato...sliced in half
olive oil
paprika & black pepper to taste
2 purple potatoes...sliced...these are usually small

Add enough olive oil to a sauce pan to coat the bottom. Set burner to medium heat. Throw in the purple potatoes and let them fry or cook until tender then add the onions, garlic, carrot & tomato cook for a couple of minutes and add tofu chunks paprika to taste and black pepper to taste. Saute all for about 15 minutes and serve. You can also use hickory smoked tofu which is nice or plain tofu but I like the flavored ones b/c that is less you have to do to give it flavor. Mushrooms would also be a nice addition. Serving with brown rice or quinoa is also great.
We love purple potatoes. We try to avoid potatoes mostly except sweet potatoes but these are so very appealing. I think kids would like them mixed in with other veggies because they are purple and that is something different and more interesting than a white potato. But we don't have kids so I have not tested the theory. Although my husband can be like one with food so if it appeals to him it is safe to say it will appeal to the kiddos too.
I want to recommend 2 other blogs that I have fairly recently found and really like for recipes,etc. vegandad.blogspot.com & nutritioncoachkaren.blogspot.com.
Have a positive day!

No comments:

Post a Comment